How to View a Planning Application
The CEC Planning Portal is an online store of all applications and decisions. It holds the documents relating to the application including detailed plans. Each application has a unique reference number which is needed to find everything about it.
To view an application, copy & paste the Application Reference into the search box in the Planning Portal. The Application Reference is is of the format 12/12345/XXX and is shown beside each application.
How to Comment on a Planning Application
- Make sure comments are allowed - Applications can go through several stages and comments cannot always be made at every stage - the Application will indicate this.
- Submit comments as soon as possible - the Application will show the end date for comments and the timescale can be quite short
- Focus on valid and relevant aspects - What you can Comment on
- A simple Yes or No along with a brief statement of your reasons is enough - just make sure it is clear whether you are for or against the Application.
How to Comment
1. Use the City of Edinburgh Council Planning Portal, see above - this is the easiest way
Copy & paste the Application Reference into the search box in the Planning Portal.
2. By Email
Include the Application Reference and send to email@example.com
3. In Writing
Include the Application Reference and send to :
Planning Helpdesk, Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh EH8 8BG
4. By Telephone or for Help
Make sure you know the Application Reference and call 0131 529 3550
5. Comment via ourselves - Contact Us
Send comments asap so that we have time to collate and submit them before the end date.